> Yes, looking at the task manager we clearly see one of the JRun services
> spinning at 50% (we have a 2 cpu server).

In that case, I would focus in on getting some stack traces of exactly
what your server is doing while experiencing these problems.  That can
be done easily cfom the CF server monitor without having to enable any
monitoring stuff.

The second thing would be some in-depth memory monitoring like Dominic
suggested, however I never got a clear answer from you on whether or not
you are seeing memory jumps (real ones, not the petabytes that the CF
server mon was showing you) or if your main problem was just CPU usage.

~Brad