On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Adrocknaphobia
<adrocknapho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is my personal opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt, but I
> don't believe the shared hosting model will be around much longer.

I agree with Adam. I don't speak to anywhere near as many hosting
companies as he does but pretty much every one of them I've talked to
in the last two years have indicated that shared hosting is a dying
market and the push is toward cheap VPS options and cloud-based
solutions.

Besides, many hosting companies make a complete pig's ear of
configuring ColdFusion in shared environments and either end up at one
end of the scale where the system is so locked down it is unusable or
at the other end of the scale where is it so open you're totally
vulnerable to other users' stupidity (or malice).

And don't get me started on the subject of people running e-commerce
businesses on shared hosting accounts... ;)
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies US -- http://getrailo.com/

-- Margaret Atwood