Last I checked, split windows is an eclipse feature, so that should be
available in both.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Faircloth [mailto:r...@whitestonemedia.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 9:02 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: ColdFusion Builder Released!

No...CFBuilder is no more useful to me than CFEclispe.  I just don't use the
extra functionality it brings.  And no, I couldn't work $300 faster in an
afternoon
with it...not any faster, actually.

But even so, I still have an opinion about its price, since I was waiting
for
its release and pricing, thinking that I might want to use it.  After
dealing
with E/CFE for a couple of years or so the idea of a standalone product is
appealing.

And yes, Adobe has every right to price it at whatever point they like,
whether I
think it's appropriate or not.

I, like others, was just surprised that it was that high...and yes, for the
*product*,
I think it's high.  Not that the price is too high for me to purchase.  I
wouldn't
purchase it at this point unless it was at most $100 and maybe even not
then, because
it just doesn't add any assistance to me in coding beyond what I get with
CFEclipse.

I don't use any of the more "high-end" functionality that's built into
CFBuilder.
I use it as a glorified text editor.  I don't want my editor handling my
database, I
prefer external software to do that, etc.

But maybe one day I'll grow up and be a big-boy coder and use all the
big-boy tools.

The only thing that I want from CFBuilder (and from CFEclipse at this point)
that doesn't
require an entirely new approach to an app for coding is manual,
state-maintaining code folding.
That's the only thing they both lack.

I would certainly pay $200, maybe *even* $300 eventually, to get that
functionality.
That would help my productivity in navigating code, running between HTML,
CF, jQuery,
and CSS constantly.

I would certainly build an entirely different type of editor
than what's available now from any vendor.  I would really like something
that
actually integrates the *coding process* of working with the HTML, CF,
jQuery, and
CSS I use constantly.  Since jQuery depends on the ID's and classes, as does
CSS,
I have to constantly refer to code in one place to write code in another.
Split windows
or second windows or second editors are just old-school.  I want intelligent
tools that
can be set up to provide information I need intuitively, when requested.  (I
hate functions
like code assist, that constantly popup and interfere with code entry.)

So I'd really like to use a tool that aids integrated *coding*
and not just integrated *tools*.  That would be worth $300 or more!

Rick