I'm not telling Adobe how to run their business. I'm telling other CF devs
my opinion on two specific topics as they relate to business. You make me
sound like I'm at the gates with a pitchfork and torch.

I never said they should rewrite any applications. You can mask the use of
php (or cf or any other language) without a whole lot of effort or expense,
in the grand scheme of things. You can still use PHP or Ruby or Klingon, you
just don't need to advertise it with ".php" at the end of the url. That's
optics. And it's important.

An argument could also be made that if one spent the last 10 years of ones
life fully immersed in the CF community, that one might actually have a
fairly insular view of CF. One that would seem to argue against having
a decent amount of exposure to the rest of the world.

So I guess we'll agree to disagree here. My only horse in this race is CF
and it's lack luster ascendancy.