we've been using for a couple years now.  It uses CFPOP to retrieve messages
from a pop mailbox on MDaemon.

Recently, a couple users have noticed two problems, and I have confirmed:

#1 - they're sending HTML formatted emails and the HTML formatting is
getting lost.

#2 - they are attaching files and the file name is getting lost, they're
going into the system as "winmail.dat"

The ticketing system has a logging process where every mail retrieved with
cfpop is first logged into a database called task_mail_log and in this there
are fields for most of the stuff that cfpop returns, including "mailfrom"
"mailto" "htmlbody" "textbody" and "attachments"

In the most recent case, the user forwarded the email she sent to the
ticketing system to me (out of her sent folder), and I see that it is HTML
(with blue text) and it has an xlsx attachment.  But when I look into the
task_mail_log table for this message (which she'd sent about an hour ago), I
see no htmlbody, and the attachment filename is "winmail.dat"

We haven't done any CF upgrades, MDaemon upgrades, or code changes to the
system in quite some time.

This ONLY happens when a user replies to a ticket.  If they simply open up a
new email and send it to the ticket system, it works just fine.  The
ticketing system sends messages out (using cfmail type="html) to with the
information.  If you reply to that message and added formatted text or an
attachment, the aforementioned behavior occurs.

IThis appears to have started happening about a week and a half ago.

I'm not sure where to start digging on this one...

Rick