The winmail.dat file is sent from people using Microsoft Outlook as their
email program. The file allows Outlook users to send Transport Neutral
Encapsulation Format (TNEF) information along with the email so that it
retains the look and feel of the document with formatting, fonts, and colors
when its received by another Microsoft Outlook user.

The file is attached to the email probably because the original sender is
sending emails in Rich Text Format, so I would check this with your users
who are reporting the problem.

So the winmail.dat is the missing HTML content and the other attachment is
possibly embedded in the winmail.dat or missing.

see this
http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/Prevent_Winmail_dat_Attachments_from_Being_Sent_in_Outlook.htm

--

Russ Michaels

www.bluethunderinternet.com  : Business hosting services & solutions
www.cfmldeveloper.com        : ColdFusion developer community
www.michaels.me.uk           : my blog
www.cfsearch.com             : ColdFusion search engine
**
*skype me*                     : russmichaels