> With Git and Mercurial, you can "shelve" changes. So if you are part
> way through a big change and something important comes in, you can
> tell the source control system to stash the current changes out of the
> way, go back to your version prior to the current changes, make the
> new important changes and commit them, then pull the uncommitted stuff
> you were working on back into your working branch and go on your merry
> way.

But you're still going to have to be able to incorporate the changes
that were made since your last checkout line-by-line, right? For
example, if you check out somefile.cfm and change lines 50-75, then
the important change affects lines 20-30, you're going to have to go
back and diff the files before you can commit the changes you made
before you shelved the file.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.