> if you think no-one uses Windows web servers then you are wrong, very wrong.

Uh, yeah, I know that. That was my point.

> It would seem you also think that Windows is not locked down by default,
> that may have been true once upon a time, but is no longer the case and
> hasn't been for many years.Certainly since Windows Server 2008, you must
> specifically choose which roles to install, everything is not installed by
> default, the firewall is also installed and enabled by default with only
> the basic required services allowed through and networking is also disabled.

I guess you can interpret "many years" however you like, but the
simple fact is, from the beginning and through the majority of the
lifespan of Windows servers, this was not the default. And I don't
think Windows would have been nearly as popular for servers if it had
started out that way. The fact that things worked by default gave
Windows market share.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.