if you think no-one uses Windows web servers then you are wrong, very wrong.
It would seem you also think that Windows is not locked down by default,
that may have been true once upon a time, but is no longer the case and
hasn't been for many years.Certainly since Windows Server 2008, you must
specifically choose which roles to install, everything is not installed by
default, the firewall is also installed and enabled by default with only
the basic required services allowed through and networking is also disabled.