Funny... I'm interviewing a promising CF candidate this afternoon in
Sydney and flying to Melbourne tomorrow to interview two more.  I'm
working with experienced recruiters and they didn't seem to have too
much trouble finding at least a few CF developers at short notice.

It's probably a case of sour grapes from the recruiters - they must
have dreams where you say "What! Replaced by .NET?  Oh, well then
let's hire every .NET developer you have at outrageous rates, and I'll
give you a huge tip for your deep, albeit untutored sagely insight
into the future of web technologies".

Actually I've found a leaked script from a recruiting agency that
shall remain nameless, and I quote from pages 159-162:

IF THE CLIENT SAYS:
C:
C++:
COBOL:
ColdFusion:
        OH! Wasn't that replaced by (d20):
                1) .NET
                2) Java
                3) .NET Again
                4) JSP
                5) ASP
                6) PHP
                7) .NYET (Russian Developer Edition)
                8) WebObjects
                9) Ruby on Rails
                10) Vista
                11) Perl CGI scripts
                12) Amazon Mechanical Turk and Russian HTML designers
                13) Office 2008
                14) Silverlight, Barnes Memorial Edition
                15) Dreamweaver
                16) .NET XXL Crinkle Free
                17) MS-Linux
                18) Frogger