On Tuesday, 8 September 2015 12:19:07 UTC+10, raiola wrote:

> Hi Just wondering how popular CF is across business and if there are still
> any large companies using CF as opposed to other solutions ???

The world market for development work is as big as its ever been; there are
more frameworks and development language choices out there than ever
before.  ColdFusion is just one of those choices. More often than not,
nobody even asks us what language we are building things in -- its the
solution they are after.

Despite the doom and gloom of those who have mostly moved on... some of us
actually enjoy using CFML, and are actively building new solutions on that
platform ;)

> I am looking for Remote CF work and it would be handy to have an
> understanding of the current CF level of use
>
> Any thoughts / suggestions or knowledge of anyone needing some Remote CF
> development / maintenance work please do let me know

You might try hanging out in more active CF communities.

Try the Slack channels:
  http://cfml-slack.herokuapp.com/

Try the Lucee developer group:
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lucee

Try your hand at contributing to some open source communities in the CFML
space.  Certainly a good way to learn about CFML, introduce yourself to
people who are active in the community, and prove your CFML credentials.

GB