Barney Boisvert wrote a CFC that uses Joe Celko's Nested Set method. I can't
find it available anymore on his blog, but ... lemme look ... nope, i'm not
finding it here. I thought i'd saved that somewhere.

I always wanted to explore using nested sets for maintaining a Parent /
Child structure to any number of levels but have never had the time. I'm
still using adjacency, like you have here.

Maybe Barney would resurrect that CFC for both of us? Oh wait, i just found
it!

http://www.barneyb.com/barneyblog/2005/07/08/treemanager-cfc-released/

:-)