Thanks to Donna for the interest and for the information.
Ordinal Fractions is an improvement to the idea behind the Universal Decimal
Classification (UDC). Consider this example from wikipedia. 51     Mathematics
 510    Fundamental and general considerations of mathematics
 511    Number theory
 512    Algebra
 514    Geometry
 517    Analysis
 519.1  Combinatorial analysis. Graph theory
 519.2  Probability. Mathematical statistics
 519.6  Computational mathematics. Numerical analysis
 519.7  Mathematical cybernetics
 519.8  Operational research (OR): mathematical theories and methods The UDC
has two flaws:

   - The digit zero is used for counting. ("Fundamental and general
considerations of mathematics" has number 510, meaning the first subconcept
below "Mathematics".)
   - The space is the wild card character. (Number theory, 511, is a subset of
Mathematics, 51.)

So the UDC system is hierarchical, but does not include tables.
Ordinal fractions use zero, not for counting but as wild card character. The
price to pay is that ordinal fractions is not a decimal system. Only the
one-digit ordinal numbers 1 to 9 are used for counting.
Using ordinal fractions the above example may look like this. 5100   Mathematics
 5111   Fundamental and general considerations
 5112   Number theory
 5113   Algebra
 5114   Geometry
 5115   Analysis
 5121   Combinatorics
 5122   Graphs
 5131   Probability.
 5132   statistics
 5141   Computational
 5142   Numerics
 5151   cybernetics
 5152   Operational research
 5161   theories
 5162   methods Tables are expressed like this using ordinal fractions  00 table
 01 left column
 02 right column
 10 upper row
 11 upper left
 12 upper right
 20 lower row
 21 lower left
 22 lower rightThis elementary structure cannot be addressed by the UDC.
/Bo.