Cardinal numbers (0, 1, 2, . . .) are  including 0 (zero).
Ordinal numbers (1, 2, 3, . . .) are  starting with 1 (first). There is no
"zeroth".
There is arithmetic of cardinal numbers (including the J verbs + * ^ ! ) , but
there is no arithmetic of ordinal numbers.
The codes of the UDC are important numerical objects, but they are neither
integers, nor decimal fractions, nor rational numbers, nor real numbers, nor
complex numbers, nor quaternions, nor vectors, nor matrices, nor functions, nor
operators. They have been neglected by mathematicians.
A new kind of numbers must be considered. I dubbed them  'ordinal fractions' .
A cardinal number, such as 'one', counts a set.
An ordinal number, such as 'the first', identifies an element in a set.
A cardinal fraction, such as 'one half', measures a part of a totality.
An ordinal fraction, such as 'the first half', identifies a part of a totality.
Consider for simplicity the binary, rather than the decimal, notation.
one = 1 = 0001. The digit positions, right to left, indicate ones, twos, fours,
and eights, and the digit values are one-digit binary cardinal numbers, 0 and 1.
the first = 1 = 0001. This is the cardinal number corresponding to the ordinal
number in question.
one half = 0.1 = 0.1000. The digit positions after the binary point indicate
halfs, fourths, eights, and sixteenths, and the digit values are one-digit
binary cardinal numbers, 0 and 1.
the first half = ?????
My solution to this problem is
the first half = 1 = 1000
the second half = 2 = 2000

the first fourth = 11 = 1100

the second fourth = 12 = 1200

the third fourth = 21 = 2100

the fourth fourth = 22 = 2200

the odd fourths = 01 = 0100
the even fourths = 02 = 0200
the sixteenth sixteenth = 2222
Note that the digit positions indicate halfs, fourths, eights, and sixteenths,
and the digit values are either 1 meaning first, and 2 meaning second, or 0
meaning both. 1000 means: first half, both fourths, both eights, both
sixteenths. 'both' goes without saying, just as 0 goes without saying. 1000 = 1
= first half. That is one reason for choosing 0 for 'both'.
I did not know the words hyponymy and hypernymy. Thanks! That is just what I
need.
In logic I let 1 and 2 represent True and False. 0 means unknown or unimportant.

The Transylvanian problem:
0001 Minna is human

0002 Minna is vampire
0010 Minna is sane
0020 Minna is insane
0100 Lucy is human
0200 Lucy is vampire
1000 Lucy is sane
2000 Lucy is insane
Check the 2^4 ordinal fractions from 1111 to 2222 against the data. (I have not
done it)
Thanks! Bo. .