Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Just something to think about:

The 3-speed in a 69 SS396 had it's shifter and rods connected to the trans
cross member and then the rods went to the trans. there is no mounting
provision (If memory serves correct..I can look my 69 Has the MC1 3-speed)to
mount the shifter to the trans. It might be an expensive move to make for a
temp.fix. You could be money ahead getting a good used 4-speed for your car.

Joe Harrison

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of rick schaefer
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 9:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] 3 Speed



Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

T
    You could get along with the 3 spd just fine until you replace the 4
spd.   A 3 spd was standard equipment for several years of the SS.    I'd
do it, if it meant the difference in being able to drive the car.
rick
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:30:20 -0700 (PDT) Lojac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>I have a 69 Chevelle SS396.  My saginaw 4 speed died
>and I do not have the money to get it fixed right now.
> The repair guy quoted me around $800 (does that sound
>right?).  Could I use a saginaw 3 speed W/3 speed
>shifter and shift rods until I can get the money
>together to get my 4 speed fixed?  What would it do to
>the performance of my car?  Is it a good idea or just
>stupid for me to do this?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>T in SC
>
>__________________________________________________
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
>http://personals.yahoo.com
>
>-----------------------------------------------------
>To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
>To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to