If it's a small area, I had good luck with a heat gun and a putty knife. The heat gun I bought at Sears. (Paint dept.) The putty knife, well, what ever works.
Rich
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 5:29 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat

Hey Guys.....I am now taking on the task of cleaning off the crap that the previous owner put down to cover the trunk damage in my car ......stripped a bit off and found the usual rust ..in about 2-3 years I'm looking at a frame off on the car...now what I plan to do in the interim is scrape all this undercoat out of the trunk , sand as much surface rust as I can,put on some rust converter and then paint the trunk with black rust stop.
 
What I want to know is what stripper you guys recommend for scraping out this undercoat stuff?
 
Mel
Malibu SS

Reply via email to