Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

I second that!. If you try to replace the floor pan, one you will have to
chisel the welds from the braces and second, you will have to weld the new
trunk floor back to the braces. If you do not have the tools, welder and
knowledge you will be in for one big problem. And yes, wheel brushing will
show up all kinds of holes and sometimes little holes turn into really big
holes.
Keith
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Vander Werf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat


>
> Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Be careful how deep you dig into your undercoated trunk. You will more
> than likely find just what it was the previous owner was hiding, and it
> won't be pretty.
>
> My 71's trunk floor didn't even look that bad, just some pitting. I
> found that the more I dug, scraped and wire wheeled the bigger the
> project got. The tiny holes I knew were there kept getting bigger and
> more kept appearing the longer I worked at it. I ended up replacing the
> trunk floor with a three piece kit sold by Ausley's. It's really nice
> now, but it's a big project I wouldn't recommend to someone who doesn't
> have either experience or a really good friend who's a bodyman.
>
> Bill Vander Werf
>
>
> Mel Anderson wrote:
>
> > Hey Guys.....I am now taking on the task of cleaning off the crap that
> > the previous owner put down to cover the trunk damage in my car
> > ......stripped a bit off and found the usual rust ..in about 2-3 years
> > I'm looking at a frame off on the car...now what I plan to do in the
> > interim is scrape all this undercoat out of the trunk , sand as much
> > surface rust as I can,put on some rust converter and then paint the
> > trunk with black rust stop. What I want to know is what stripper you
> > guys recommend for scraping out this undercoat stuff? MelMalibu SS
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to