|
I used a Sander/Polishing grinder which I purchased
at Sears. I put a course wire wheel on it and wire brushed the undercoat from my
trunk area, wheel wells etc. In tight spots I used a die grinders with a smaller
wire wheel. This is a very dirty job and way to remove the undercoat but it
works. You must be careful with the amount of heat you can generate using a wire
wheel. I would also be careful with the heat gun. If you have to remove
undercoat from the side fender area, you could blister the outside paint and
mostly warp the fender panels. This would be the same problem you would see if
you sand blasted the outside paint off. If you generate too much heat the panels
will warp. Be careful not the generate too much heat. You might try a paint
removing solvent, something that you brush on and let it loosen the
paint(undercoat) so you can scrap it off. I am not sure if it will work on the
undercoat, but it would not cost too much to find out. I think that the stuff
that Eastwood sells for removing undercoat must likely is something that will
loosen it up and then you scrap. Try some paint remover. Also, I think most
automotive car paint store sell something like this also.
Keith
|
- [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Mel Anderson
- Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Keith Cooper
- Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Richard Milkiewicz
- Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Keith Cooper
- Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Bill Vander Werf
- Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Richard Milkiewicz
- Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Bill Vander Werf
- Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Keith Cooper
- Re: [Chevelle-List] Undercoat Beck

