Title: RE: [Chevelle-List] a/c conversions

Your a very luck guy...  you have my two favorite cars.  I think 67 was the best year for the chevelle.  I'd love to see some pictures if you have any.  I would have bought a 67 Elky except I'm 6'9" tall and I don't think I would have fit into it.  DUH!

I have an very cold running aftermarket a/c right now.  The only reason that I'd install the factory parts is for looks.

JM

www.angelfire.com/retro/project-69


    ----------
    From:   Fred Knoche[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
    Reply To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Sent:   Saturday, April 20, 2002 6:00 AM
    To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Subject:        RE: [Chevelle-List] a/c conversions

    Jason,
    Great that this topic came up. I just bought last Sat. my new 67 Elky to go with my 67 SS. Since the Elky will be my daily driver I have been looking at my options for A/C.� I talked to a few shops here and they quoted me $1000 PLUS $500-$800 to install a Sure-Fit Vintage Air Unit. I was planning to install it myself, ($800 would buy a KILLER sound system) but I'm working a ton of overtime now and can afford to farm it out. I plan on using repro dash vents and controls, so on the inside it will look stock. Other than the price, I like the idea. I asked about the old, "hang on" type self contained units and was quoted around $1200 installed, so the Vintage kit is a no brainer.� I may get it in about 2 weeks.� I will let you know how it goes. Tell us what you end up doing. Good Luck

    Fred
    67 SS 396/350
    *new* 67 El Camino Custom 250/6 *new*
    �
    �

Reply via email to