on 4/20/02 8:10 AM, Herbert Lumpp at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Hi Jason, > > I have a Vintage Air Sure-Fit system in my Elky. I haven't finished hooking > up the wiring yet (we moved during the final installation) but it seems to > be a pretty straight forward modification. > > I think if you had all your ducks in a row, you could probably have > everything installed in a weekend. In reality, there will always be those > little things you didn't think of until you needed them which could make it > take longer. > > The only things I don't like about the kit are the cheesy plastic parts for > covering the holes in the firewall and for mounting the controls in the > dash. Fortunately I bought my kit while doing the body work and was able to > have some things custom made so I didn't need to use the plastic filler > panels. Other than that I'd say it's a pretty good kit. > > I think the pros of the VA kit are: > > 1. you can order it for use with 134 > 2. It uses a much more efficient compressor (Sanden vs. A6) > 3. It cleans up the firewall leaving more room to work > 4. There are a lot of cool options (polished compressor, billet vents, etc) > 5. The wire harness is pretty simple > 6. The heat/cool functions are all in one unit. > > The cons would have to be: > > 1. You may have to live with the plastic filler panels > 2. After measuring/routing the hoses you need to have the fittings crimped > 3. It's kinda expensive > 4. Those cheesy plastic filler panels! > 5. Even though the wire harness is simple, you have to route it which could > require lengthening some parts, etc. > > If you have any more questions I'll be glad to try and help... > > cYa- > > Herb Lumpp > 1966 El Camino, LS6, 6 spd > ACES 3509 > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "jason pollock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 12:00 PM > Subject: [Chevelle-List] a/c conversions > > >> hi all >> its starting to get real hot in los angeles my mind is wandering towards > air >> conditioning.anybody ever done a conversion with factory parts?what are > the >> pros cons using factory versusvintage air how long can iexpect to be off > the >> road am i insane to attempt this myself anybody know of agood a/c shop in > la >> >> thanks in advance for any input >> jason pollock 66 el camino >> s.c.c.c.c #411 > > > ----------------------------------------------------- > To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html > To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] thanks to everyone for the good advice.i still am abit perplexed .i have added a a/c dash to try to look stock it seems the vintage air unit has extra control unit .has anybody out there had success addingfactory air thanks again jason pollock 66 el camino scccc #411
----------------------------------------------------- To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

