At 07:00 AM 04/20/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>Jason,
>
>Great that this topic came up. I just bought last Sat. my new 67 Elky to 
>go with my 67 SS. Since the Elky will be my daily driver I have been 
>looking at my options for A/C.  I talked to a few shops here and they 
>quoted me $1000 PLUS $500-$800 to install a Sure-Fit Vintage Air Unit. I 
>was planning to install it myself, ($800 would buy a KILLER sound system) 
>but I'm working a ton of overtime now and can afford to farm it out.

On the vintage air beware the plastic blower fan! I installed one
on my 66 Elky & my 64 Elky & the fan destroyed on both, 1 in 6
months & one within a yr. I ordered 4 more fans from them.

I did find out the fix myself, the fan has a "D" shaped hole in
it but it's only held on the motor shaft by a spring clamp (like
the old time fuel host clamps). What happens is the fan works
itself lose down the shaft & destroys itself on the bottom of
the case.
When you get your VA unit take the blower motor off & squeeze
the clamp to pull the fan off, then take super glue & coat the
shaft & inside the fan hole, push the fan back on (be sure the
clamp is on the motor shaft but not on the fan yet). Then put super
glue on the boss where the clamp fits & install the spring
clamp.
I did that 4 yrs ago & I haven't needed my extra fans yet.


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to