Friends,

I have a question on the Chevelle GM am/fm radio with correct multiplexer unit. Can some of you all help with my question and any possible pics would be appreciated. I currently have the am/fm radio, 986529 which is for the 66 Chevelle. I have been offered a multiplexer unit to purchase which I was told is correct unit for my am/fm radio. The multiplexer did not have the correct 66 knobs for the multiplexer but 4, 66 standard radio knobs. The correct 66 knobs would have a clearly defined single dimple mark as the center point in knobs use for manual adjustments. Unfortunately this unit also does not have a part number to confirm its use or application.

QUESTION
1) Is their only one multiplexer unit offered by GM in 1966 for am/fm applications? I know that part number is Delco # 7296351 GM# 986644. Is this the same and only unit found in Chevelles, corvairs, Impala's in 1966? Is their any noticeable differences in the other units built in different years?

2) Also, does anyone have info or pics on the 4 speaker installation design? I am really curious on how the speakers mounted in the front area of the car.

Sorry for the dumb questions. I have unfortunately not seen any am/fm units with multiplexers in person. Thanks and appreciate any input from members of the group.

Dwaine
66SS

Reply via email to