---------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>For that kind of money I could have my dream car, a Mint 65 Z-16, and still have 
>$350,000 left over to play with.  That's not to say that an original AC wouldn't be 
>"sweet" but let's get real here-$550k.  I've seen some great AC repros in the $40-60k 
>range and they look and sound great.  Just thought I'd get my 2 cents in.  Does 
>anyone remember a little car called a griffith with F%#& V-8 power back in the 60's?  
>I remember one at 75 & 80 Dragaway in Maryland that stormed with a little 260.  
>Forgive me.  Just thinkin' of the old days!!!!!   

MEMORIES
      Guess I'm too old to remember anything worthwhile without coaching.  Yes I 
remember the Griffith, one quick little package.  I saw a Griffith race a 289 (w 
webers) Cobra (BTW - owned/piloted by Joel Rosen of MOTION fame) several times.   
Never much of a contest because Rosen was a much better driver.  But the Griffith 
looked goooood , even in losing.  This was at a 1/8 mile drag strip at Islip on LI.  I 
worked there (during Jr HI & HS) from about 60 - 67.






rick schaefer
72 El camino
http://www.endrud.net/elcamino/rick1972elky.html
ACES #00140
Team Chevelle #00038


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to