Josh,
      Does this place also say "American AutoWire" as well? I am just
curious if they are merged into one now or what?

On M&H it does look like they have a quality product, but they state on
their web page that they will only give you the old style fuse box that
uses the glass fuse. They more or less said they will NOT sell you a
harness with the new style fuse box. Great for guys going to try to win
originality awards I guess, but if I wanted originality I'd be looking
for a 307 engine to drop in....YUCH!  I have broken enough glass fuses
trying to take them out..glass flying and maybe hit you in the eye, cut
fingers, hassles getting of the old fuse out .... I think I'll go with
the new fuses thanks.

American Autowire/Factory Fit doesn't show anywhere on their web site
that they make harnesses specifically for a Chevelle...unless I am blind
or can't figure out how to use their web site. But when you contact them
they will send you a file with their price sheet showing products
specifically for Chevelles.

In both companies case, I am having trouble swallowing those prices. I
realize there are some connectors involved, but wire itself ....even
good quality wire can't be THAT expensive. With me having an electronics
background I am very tempted to just build my own. Just have to find the
supplies, shouldn't be hard.

I can't believe you have to buy a "dash harness" (includes fuse box) at
$375-$400...... then an engine wiring harness at what ..close to $200!
On top of that .....and , oh! And you want front lights? That's a
different harness and another hundred bucks....oh! You need tail
lights?.. Another hundred bucks to run what 6 or 8 wires maybe 10 feet
and slap a few connectors on? ....and if you get the HEI mod you need a
new horn relay at $29.95...... You say you need the single wire that
goes to the gas tank? $15! Console harness.....Cha-ching! I am sure I am
forgetting something!.... Maybe not having power windows is a good thing
...I won't even go into what they want for that.   

I seen a lot of wiring harnesses..even 21 circuit/18 fuses, with wiring
for most circuits built in and wires colored and labeled as to where
they are going for around $175 at the NSRA nats. I am thinking this may
be the way to go for me. I can modify and add as needed.

I know they both make quality products. I just doubt that my car budget
can fit them in when I have so many other things to buy. I can take my
time and effort to save me 6 to 8 hundred bucks on wiring. The more I
spend on this area, the less I have to spend on other things...and the
longer it takes to get my car on the road to cruise-ins.

Do I have something wrong here? Anyone replace ALL of their wiring with
these companies for under $800?
 
                                Steve


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of NoNeck
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 1:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] "Factory Fit" wiring


I just installed a factory AM/FM stereo in my 72 using the complete
Factory Fit Harness. It was absolutely perfect! They are located in NJ
not far from me. My buddy drover over and saw the operation and ordered
several harnesses from them and they reconditioned 2 70 Tach dash
harnesses, so I added my harness to his order. We were both pleased with
their products and refurb services. I would not hesistate to use them
again. (I have used some M&H harnesses in the past and was equally as
happy with their product as well.) Josh Gin (NoNeck) Visit my Chevelle
website www.NoNecksChevelle.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Herbert Lumpp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] "Factory Fit" wiring


> I'll third that, M&H harnesses fit like a glove!
>
> cYa-
>
> Herb Lumpp
> 1966 El Camino, LS6, 6 spd, Currie 9"
> ACES 3509, MCC 528
> http://users.adelphia.net/~hlump/
>
>
> > i used a m&h harness un my 66 it was perfect
> > jason pollock
> > > them out. http://www.wiringharness.com  phone# (562)926-9572
> > >
> > > Rocky Hill
> > > My66SS http://www.geocities.com/rocks66ss
> > >
> > > --- Chevelle 69 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >> Gents,
> > >> My local restoration supplier recommended
> > >> "Factory Fit" wiring
> > >> harnesses. I found them listed on:
> > >>
> > >> http://www.oldmusclecars.com/
> > >>
> > >> But, doesn't American Autowire have that name as
> > >> part of their logo as
> > >> well?  Check out:
> > >>
> > >> http://www.americanautowire.com
> > >>
> > >> Did Factory Fit get bought out?
> > >>
> > >> Confused Steve
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]




-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to