I have to agree with Herb on this one Steve. Sometimes it just makes better
overall sense to spend more money for a quality "factory" product that will
save you time & headaches in the future.
Don


> > Do I have something wrong here? Anyone replace ALL of their wiring with
> > these companies for under $800?
> >
>
> Steve,
>
> You don't have anything wrong but I think you're missing some of the
> points...
>
> I replaced the entire harness on my Elky, it cost right around $800.  When
I
> first checked into M&H, I thought the same things as you.  The more I
> thought about it and the more I researched the different manufacturers,
the
> cost started to look more reasonable.
>
> My car is nothing near stock so that was never a concern, but here are
some
> of the reasons that helped my decide it was worth the money...
>
> I liked:
>
> Knowing I could look at a factory wire diagram and trouble shoot my
harness.
>
> The idea that everything "fit" where it was supposed to.
>
> Not having to splice wires together because the "universal" harness didn't
> quite reach.
>
> That all the connectors and plugs were factory installed.
>
> That the wires were factory color coded - matches the wire diagram.
>
> Knowing I could buy the harness in sections.
>
> Installing everything in less than a day and having it all work!
>
> Being able to order the harness modified for HEI and one wire alternator.
>
> I'm sure I had more reasons to justify the money, but these were the main
> ones.  It's your decision what you end up doing, but you shouldn't
overlook
> a quality product based on the price.
>
> cYa-
>
> Herb Lumpp
> 1966 El Camino, LS6, 6 spd, Currie 9"
> ACES 3509, MCC 528
> http://users.adelphia.net/~hlump/
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to