Vernon,
         I need to caution you that I haven't fully researched the
quality of this company's product yet, and it's very important what
guage the wires are, and what type of insulation is used. I need to make
sure I am comparing apples to apples here.

There were actually several other companies at the NSRA Nats that I seen
with comparable prices, and at least at first glance, similar products.
EZ Wire is just the one that came to mind at the time.

I just found where GM themselves are selling a fairly complete but
"generic" harness for what I got a quote for $415 from my local dealer
today. I found it in the GM Performance parts book on page 164. The part
# on that is: 12355693

But the link to EZ wire .... and the harness that impressed
me...although the site is not the most informative...... Is:

http://www.ezwiring.com/new_page_1.htm

Some street rod friends bought generic 21 circuit harnesses from someone
else. I am trying to find out who now.

                                            Steve


 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of vmckague
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 5:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] "Factory Fit" wiring


Steve, Would you have a address on EZ Wire? Did a search on yahoo and
came up with nothing. Thanks , Vernon
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chevelle 69" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 5:27 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] "Factory Fit" wiring


>
> No doubt that in most cases and for most guys this is absolutely true!

> I am sure it's much easier, and more reliable in the long run, in most

> cases!
>
> But considering that things like a "factory correct" wiring harness 
> isn't even available for the thousands upon thousands of Street Rods I

> seen at the NSRA Nationals, and while considering that many probably 
> had their wiring done by proffesionals, I have to believe a few did 
> not.
>
> I think part of the good things about owning a classic is being able 
> to do things yourself on it. They were in general much easier to work 
> on.
>
> In 90% of the cases, I'd say that guys should shy away from trying to 
> do wiring themselves. It has to be right up there with causes of fires

> and unreliability in a car as well as brain teasers on why something 
> isn't working.
>
> But everyone has their strengths, ( I know I have many weaknesses!) 
> and I happen to believe this area in general is one of my strengths. 
> With an A.S. degree in Electronics, 18 years working in Electronics, 
> and certified for many years to solder to NASA specifications, I think

> it gives me a head start over the average Joe. Does that mean I know 
> everything about a car's circuits? Nope..sure don't! Might I run into 
> a situation where I need help? I suspect something will come up. But 
> for the most part, if I can use my expertise and time to save me 
> several hundred dollars, I think that's best for getting my ride on 
> the road sooner.
>
> I do believe that these wiring kits are overpriced still, and that 
> left the door open for others to realize they can compete and are 
> coming in now. Companies such as EZ-Wire and several others will give 
> them competition and reduce prices. Long Live free enterprise!
>
>
>                                                   Steve
> ------------------------------
>
> I have to agree with Herb on this one Steve. Sometimes it just makes 
> better overall sense to spend more money for a quality "factory" 
> product that will save you time & headaches in the future. Don
>
>
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to