|
I
wish I could, Clint. Ever since I got the car back from having the
rear main seal fixed, it's been running very rough. Before there was a
slight clicking that I initially thought was a injector not firing, or maybe
even a valve needing adjustment. The Accel/DFI guru in Moore, OK can't get
to it for a couple of weeks so he's been trying to diagnose things over the
phone from day to day. Now it's worse than ever and it's developed an off
and on knock - even at idle.
We've eliminated a bad injector - I swapped two from side to
side. I've run the valves so many times it's getting boring. I've
replaced plugs thinking maybe a bad plug, cap/rotor thinking maybe one cracked
and not firing a cylinder or two. All to no avail. It's
the occasional knocking that scares me. Can't tell where it's coming
from and don't know if it's mechanical or if it's because a cylinder isn't
firing.
After keeping the old parts removed (like pan and dipstick), my
Hurst line-lock I had him remove, and scratching up both brand new Billet
Specialties valve covers plus the terrible way it's running, I'm leary about
taking it back to Ron plus it's a 40-45 mile drive and I'm afraid it might not
make it.
I'm
going to Goodguys for sure but I'll probably come down in the Elky and just look
at the exhibits and drool over the cars.
Dale McIntosh
|
Title: Message
- [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend Skylark701
- RE: [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend Dale McIntosh
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend Clint Hooper
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Engine problems Dale McIntosh
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Engine problems Clint Hooper
- RE: [Chevelle-list] Engine problems Dale McIntosh
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Engine problem... Clint Hooper
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Engine problems Clint Hooper

