Title: Message
Did you ask for your parts back when you picked up the car? What was their reason for keeping them? Do you want me to get them back for you? Just let me know,Dale. Ken & Jerry have always done decent work for me.
Not sure how a main seal repair could be linked to your misfire,though.
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
LT5 Registry Director
http://www.LT5Registry.net/
ACES #1650
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint_hooper.htm
----- Original Message -----
 
I wish I could, Clint.   Ever since I got the car back from having the rear main seal fixed, it's been running very rough.  Before there was a slight clicking that I initially thought was a injector not firing, or maybe even a valve needing adjustment.  The Accel/DFI guru in Moore, OK can't get to it for a couple of weeks so he's been trying to diagnose things over the phone from day to day.  Now it's worse than ever and it's developed an off and on knock - even at idle.
 
We've eliminated a bad injector - I swapped two from side to side.  I've run the valves so many times it's getting boring.  I've replaced plugs thinking maybe a bad plug, cap/rotor thinking maybe one cracked and not firing a cylinder or two.  All to no avail.  It's the occasional knocking that scares me.  Can't tell where it's coming from and don't know if it's mechanical or if it's because a cylinder isn't firing.
 
After keeping the old parts removed (like pan and dipstick), my Hurst line-lock I had him remove, and scratching up both brand new Billet Specialties valve covers plus the terrible way it's running, I'm leary about taking it back to Ron plus it's a 40-45 mile drive and I'm afraid it might not make it.
 
I'm going to Goodguys for sure but I'll probably come down in the Elky and just look at the exhibits and drool over the cars.
 

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709/NECOA #41
67SS/67 Elky
Dale’s Place – My 67 SS and 67 El Camino
ChevelleStuff – Decoding info on 64-72 Chevelles
Team 67 – 1967 Chevelle/El Camino Specific
Midwest Chevelles – Midwest Chevelle Show Information

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Clint Hooper
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 10:18 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend

What's the problem,Dale? Are you not going to drive the car down to the Goodguys event this weekend?
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
LT5 Registry Director
http://www.LT5Registry.net/
ACES #1650
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint_hooper.htm
----- Original Message -----
 
Sounds like a heck of a deal.  Wish I knew whether or not my current 396 is bad or I'd jump on it.  Shouldn't have any problems selling it as is.

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709/NECOA #41
67SS/67 Elky
Dale’s Place – My 67 SS and 67 El Camino
ChevelleStuff – Decoding info on 64-72 Chevelles
Team 67 – 1967 Chevelle/El Camino Specific
Midwest Chevelles – Midwest Chevelle Show Information

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 9:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend

       I entered a car show last Saturday in Byron, Ga. and won one of the grand prize give-a-ways donated by a machine shop in middle Georgia.  If anyone needs a 402 for your 70-72 Chevelle I have one.  I'm a small block fan and I'm rebuilding a 97 Vortec motor so I don't have any use for a big block at this time.  E-Mail me off list for pictures if you are interesed.  It's purty!
       Block Casting # 3999290
       Head Casting # 3999241
       Crane Cam # 103032 (very mild)
       Edelbrock Torquer II intake - powder coated
       Holley 830 cfm (rebuilt) carb - no choke
       Headman headers - coated shorty or block huggers
       HEI distributor (stock) with Accel cap & wires
       Bored .30 over with Keith Black pistons
       Chrome valve covers & air filter (no name brand)
$1,750.00 or best reasonable offer.  Have crate and can transport to truck depot.
Bob Haggard
Eatonton, Ga.
cell # 478-737-3060

Reply via email to