|
I'm
not saying that pulling the engine to replace the rear main seal is causing the
misfire. The only "possible" explanation would be if they happen to damage
the distributor pulling it out or putting it back since they had to do that to
remove the intake to get the engine out/in or messing up the upper valve train
somehow. I haven't found the problem yet and it's probably totally
unrelated and while I strongly feel it's something in the electronics, it
could be just about anything at this point. I just don't have the
diagnostic equip to skills to know what to check like the Accel guru does.
As I mentioned, it's the on-again/off-again knock that has me worried. I'm
just letting it set for a couple of days so I can approach it with a fresh
outlook...could be overlooking something obvious.
To
be honest, I guess I expected the old parts removed - especially the Hurst line
lock - to be in a box in the trunk. After I did open the trunk a few days
later and didn't find anything, I pretty much assume they'd be in their trash
and gone by now. Yeah the pan was probably worthless but the dipstick tube
and dip stick would be a handy spare to have around. I'm a pack rat and
hate to throw anything out that may be of use someday <G>. Guess
that's why I still have the "Chevrolet" script off one of my old '56s that goes
across the radio grille and more than one 396 crossed flags and Super Sport
script from a few of my 67s.
Dale McIntosh
|
Title: Message
- [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend Skylark701
- RE: [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend Dale McIntosh
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend Clint Hooper
- RE: [Chevelle-list] Won an engine this weekend Dale McIntosh
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Engine problems Clint Hooper
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Engine problems Dale McIntosh
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Engine problem... Clint Hooper
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Engine problems Clint Hooper

