I don't think I insulted anyone. All I said is that it "Sounds like a
lot" to me. I think I'm allowed to express an opinion when somebody is
asking for one. It's ok with me if you don't have the same opinion.
I have met Phil and I think he can speak up if he is insulted. It's
not even his bike.
BTW, I would never insult Phil's car.
John
Quoting "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
You can also buy a lot of very nice newer, running cars for the
price of a project condition 1969 Chevelle SS, but if you like
Chevelles, you're not going to buy the Toyota Prius instead.
It's fine that you don't think his friends CBX is worth the asking
price, but I don't think he asked to be insulted by someone who
obviously is not interested in purchasing the bike anyway.
That is all.
Dan McIntosh
Street Metal Fabrications
http://www.lowriderimpala.com
----- Original Message -----
From: John Nasta
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Bike for sale
Yes, and maybe to somebody who wants that specific bike, it's worth
it. All I'm saying is that you can buy a lot of very nice newer,
running bikes for that kind of money.
Here is the Yamaha XS650 that I bought for $700 last summer, exactly
the way it looked after I drove it home:
http://johnnasta.com/bike-1.jpg
It runs great and I'm having fun with it. I have had to do a few
repairs but not much. I personally can't imagine spending $3300 on a
non-running bike. Heck, last year I bought a non-running 1970 Chevelle
for less than half that.
Quoting "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> John,
>
> Do you know what a CBX is?
>
>
> Dan McIntosh
> Street Metal Fabrications
> http://www.lowriderimpala.com
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: John Nasta
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 4:31 PM
> Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Bike for sale
>
>
> Hi Phil,
>
> Sounds like a lot for a bike that old that doesn't even run.
>
> I got my 1981 Yamaha for $700 in running condition. I have since put
> some work into it, but I'd say I've spent less than $200 in repairs (I
> do the work myself) and it runs & rides great.
>
> Of course maybe you'll find some enthusiast for that particular bike
> who thinks it's worth a lot more, but there are plenty of newer,
> running bikes that you can buy for $3300.
>
> John
>
>
>
> --
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.487 / Virus Database: 269.13.21/1012 - Release Date:
> 9/16/2007 6:32 PM
>
>
--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.487 / Virus Database: 269.13.22/1013 - Release Date:
9/17/2007 1:29 PM