No hard feelings Phil. Honestly I got a great deal on my bike. I'm sure I could get at leat $2k for it (considering that is roughly 3x what I paid for it). A guy at a local bike shop offered me $1500 for it so obviously he thinks he could sell it for more than that. I see what they go for on ebay.

The six cylinder twenty four valve CBX engine will prove to be no joke to anyone who does not have experience with motorcycle engines. Gotta wonder why the current owner would rather sell it non-running rather than fixing it. Of course one possible answer is that it will cost a lot to get it running again. This is just reality and not meant as an insult. Any time a vehicle is non-running it seriously hurts the resale value.

I did some poking around and saw some CBX's for sale around $5k to $6k USD. Maybe I just found some incredibly cheap ones.

Here's a nice example:

http://www.bikez.biz/ads/showad.php?ad=14374

That one says it sold for $6500 Canadian and supposedly was "stored in climate controlled room" and "runs like a dream" and has only 9800km on it.

Anyway, I'm not one to tell anybody not to have fun, whatever that means to you. I just could not consider that bike for myself, and I hope that whoever does buy it knows what he's getting into and really wants that particular bike.

John



Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

No hard feelings John.? I said from the beginning I didn't know much about bikes.? But I'm getting an education here.? The CBX has a cult like following and from what I've seen for a complete running or restored bike, $10,000-$18,000, this one is a deal for somebody out there.? Thanks for all the comments.? I appreciate your input and highly respect the opinions of everybody?on the LIST.? BTW, when are you coming back to our North East Show?? We had over 200 cars & perfect weather this year.?
?????????
Phil G. 65 SS



Reply via email to