I didn't see any, but we had discussed a couple of possible ways to
get there at an earlier meeting.

The first was to perhaps use AppCache manifests to declare this sort
of metadata. You might have some sort of header in the manifest that
describes the page as "persistently bless-able" (much like Ben's
description), followed by the list of requested permissions. UA's
would fetch the AppCache, detect that it corresponds to a blessable
app and handle the process of granting privs enumerated in the
manifest. It'd be up to the UA to find some way to offer the ability
to bless the app/page in it's UI, but in the case of Chromium you
could imagine this all getting integrated into a process by which you
bless an app and it asks for perms like:

    * app-mode desktop shortcut
    * location
    * persistent storage that's not subject to cache clearing

Another way to skin the cat might be to lean on the extensions system
in Chromium to build an extension automatically or for a page to
reference an extension to offer. Installing the extensions might then
be the way things get blessed, but that sort of seems like a question
of semantics and implementation. The first way seems somewhat easier
to eventually standardize and could possibly be implemented as the
second under the covers.

Regards