Phil Mayers wrote: > On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 22:47 -0500, Justin Shore wrote: >> I've got a pair of each. The ME6524 has been a pretty good router for >> us so far, other than the lack of L2TP support and no GRE in hardware. > > Interesting. The sup720 does GRE in hardware, modulo a few limitations. > Why doesn't the 6524?
That's a good question. It was a very silly situation that I was trying to work around with GRE, L2TP and even AToM. IIRC L2TP wasn't supported at all and the RP told me that the GRE tunnel would be handled in software upon creating the tunnel interface. AToM wouldn't work because I couldn't get the IGP and LDP up and running underneath it prior to bringing up AToM. I was trying to tunnel across hardware that was stripping out IS-IS. Lots of fun... Justin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
