Be aware that MPLS support in 3750ME is a mess, with lots of
limitations, unsolved issues and broken promises. 3750 is a good L3
switch in the Ethernet+IP arena, and just that.

On the other hand, ME6500 is a very good MPLS box. Besides doesn't
supporting VPLS (can be a member of an H-VPLS architeture, but doesn't
do VPLS) and limitations with EoMPLS requiring routerport instead of
switchport that can be designed around, it's simply a lot of routes,
labels, ACLs that can be handled with very little effort. Good
product, indeed.




Rubens



On 9/17/07, Justin Shore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  From reading the data sheet I think you're right.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6580/products_data_sheet0900aecd8034fef3.html
>
> I don't see any mention of MPLS.  I was thinking that most of the MEs
> had at least basic MPLS features on the uplinks across all models.  I
> was actually thinking about ordering a couple.  Good thing this Chris
> posed his question.
>
> Thanks for the info
>   Justin
>
>
> Munroe, James (DSS/MAS) wrote:
> > The Cisco ME-3400 series do not support MPLS (RFC 2547 VPNs, EoMPLS, VPLS, 
> > TE, etc...).  The ME-3400 only supports Multi-VRF CE (aka VRF-Lite).  They 
> > do not support LDP for label exchange, and from what I've been told by the 
> > PLM they never will.  12.2.40SE adds Multicast VRF (mVRF) lite support and 
> > SSM if you're interested.  This support was also added to the 3750ME.
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to