We've been using all of the different ME-3400 series switches since March 07.  
The only thing missing for us was mVRF support...which I've been dying to 
test/implement!  Other than that they make an excellent CE switch with 
vrf-lite, and the deterministic UNI port support.  
 
For MPLS support only the 3750ME and ME6524 meet that criteria.
 
Jim

________________________________

From: Justin Shore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 17/09/2007 8:04 PM
To: Munroe, James (DSS/MAS)
Cc: Chris Lane; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] 3750 Metro MPLS



 From reading the data sheet I think you're right.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6580/products_data_sheet0900aecd8034fef3.html

I don't see any mention of MPLS.  I was thinking that most of the MEs
had at least basic MPLS features on the uplinks across all models.  I
was actually thinking about ordering a couple.  Good thing this Chris
posed his question.

Thanks for the info
  Justin


Munroe, James (DSS/MAS) wrote:
> The Cisco ME-3400 series do not support MPLS (RFC 2547 VPNs, EoMPLS, VPLS, 
> TE, etc...).  The ME-3400 only supports Multi-VRF CE (aka VRF-Lite).  They do 
> not support LDP for label exchange, and from what I've been told by the PLM 
> they never will.  12.2.40SE adds Multicast VRF (mVRF) lite support and SSM if 
> you're interested.  This support was also added to the 3750ME.



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to