On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 12:01 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > I'm looking at the 7600/RSP720 series, and I'm wondering if there are any > "gotchas" or issues with the 6748GE line-card? I need the port density, > so the SPA/SIP's do not meet my needs.
The WS-X6748-GE-TX is a LAN card, so you can't really compare it to SPAs. If you need more advanced features than just switching (and what the PFC gives you), and still need to port density, you should look at the Ethernet Services modules instead, like ES20-GE3C. It gives you 20 GigabitEthernet ports (SFP) and PXF processing. But anyway, the 6748 is an okay switching card. It's only a little oversubscribed (48 GB downlink, 40 GB fabric connection) and optionally comes with a DFC3C. If you don't need things like traffic shaping, VPLS and so on, it's okay. :-) Regards, Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
