Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:45:32AM -0500, Paul Stewart wrote:
> Thanks ;)  The only reason I would want to consider this is because if we
> used a GSR here at a P router and then 7206VXR's as the PE devices we have
> 6500/Sup2's physically in the middle.  I figured that if I created a VLAN
> trunk to carry the MPLS traffic from the GSR to the 7206VXR's then I could
> keep the 6500's in the physical connection....

Just make sure that the 6500s are set to handle "jumbo" packets.  Otherwise
you'll run into nasty and non-obvious black hole problems.

But besides this, it will "just work" - that's what we do in one of our
locations.  7301 on one end, L2-only 6500/Sup1A in between, 7600/Sup720
on the other end.  Works.

gert

-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Attachment: pgpKyoPk1R9Pp.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to