Hi folks.

 

I'm moving closer to MPLS plans here.. My question is getting my head around
capabilities in hardware again.

 

Can someone outline common hardware choices in Cisco for a P router and  PE
router?   

 

In other words, is there any reason a Sup2/6500 can't be used on as a P
router itself - I understand that there is more "requirements" for a PE
router and thinking about 7206VXR's on the PE portion (which we may have
some extras at some point in the future).  Just trying to find a way to use
what we have (Sup2/6500, GSR with Engine 0 cards, 7206VXR with NPE-1G and
2G).  Trying to avoid sup720 and SIP card deployments in this year's budget
if I can but get MPLS running (in a general sense).

 

Looking primarily for VPLS (but could live without it initially) and MPLS TE
for several customers etc.

 

I know this is a bit brief and maybe I'm just trying to cut corners I
shouldn't be?

 

Thanks,

 

Paul

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to