Thanks ;) The only reason I would want to consider this is because if we used a GSR here at a P router and then 7206VXR's as the PE devices we have 6500/Sup2's physically in the middle. I figured that if I created a VLAN trunk to carry the MPLS traffic from the GSR to the 7206VXR's then I could keep the 6500's in the physical connection....
Paul -----Original Message----- From: Peter Rathlev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:32 AM To: Paul Stewart Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] MPLS Confusion ;) On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 11:13 -0500, Paul Stewart wrote: > With 6500's in the "middle" between the GSR and the 7200's, will layer2 > connectivity function as normal with MPLS? To explain, if I want to use the > GSR as the P router and 7206VXR as PE but have layer2 trunks in between > these devices (6500's) is there anything that won't function in MPLS? Sorry > if this seems like a basic question... I'm not sure I understand the question completely, but if you're asking if you can transport MPLS in a VLAN in a trunk, the answer is yes. MPLS runs just fine, although you have to consider the overhead from the 802.1Q tags (4 bytes). If it's a wise thing to do is another matter. Why would you want to? Regards, Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
