Hehe.
Yes, I say that it's possible.
I was trying it in lab's environment but I didn't hear about any real 
implementation of 6500/Sup2 as P-router (without OSM and Flexwan) in a real 
networks. Sup2 is very old and it has many restrictions. I think that using 
of Sup2 for SP tasks won't be cost-effective nowadays :)

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Paul Stewart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Pavel Baleshenko'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)'" 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:12 PM
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] MPLS Confusion ;)


> So just to rehash this (sorry)... you are saying that a 6500/Sup2 can act 
> as
> a P router but not sure if anyone has actually done it? ;)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pavel Baleshenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:02 PM
> To: Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer); Paul Stewart; [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] MPLS Confusion ;)
>
> Hi.
>
> 6500/Sup2 can act as a P-router really.
> You need IOS 12.2SXF (probably you'll need add memory and flash). It can
> swap labels and be only P-router (not PE) with nor OSM nor Flexwan.
> But I don't know about any implementation of 6500/Sup2 as P-router.
>
> Best regards
> Pavel
> 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to