I believe that is correct.  When a switching mode changes automatically
due to cards with different capabilities being inserted, then there is
no chassis or card resets.  However, when you force bus mode the
effected cards are reset.

Fred Reimer, CISSP, CCNP, CQS-VPN, CQS-ISS
Senior Network Engineer
Coleman Technologies, Inc.
954-298-1697


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew
Yourtchenko
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:55 AM
To: Richard A Steenbergen
Cc: Pham, Loc; Cisco NSPs
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] fabric switching enable



On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:27:23PM +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote:
>> Changing switching mode power cycles the modules by the way. I guess
>> that's a gotcha. :-)
>
> I'm pretty sure thats not true. You may be thinking of PFC/DFC modes,
> where inserting a "lower" capability card (3a or 3b into a 3bxl
system,
> etc) brings down the entire switch to the lowest common card, and
requires
> a reboot of the entire system to bring it back (after removing the
> offending card of course). This doesn't happen to the switching mode
at
> all.

I think Peter had http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/610/fn61935.html in 
mind.

thanks,
andrew
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to