Hello,

I want first to thank all the people who helped. The problem is solved, it was indeed a monlib issue.

I can only boot my Sup720s on a CF which was formatted in the right slot
on this blade. That's weird... If i format on disk1: (from a cat6k) then
the 7604 will only boot it from disk1: and not from disk0: !

Thank you very much

Best regards

Greg





Church, Charles a écrit :
I would think that should support an 7604 chassis.  Any chance the IOS
is corrupt on the flash?  Or the Monlib isn't right.  Can you put the
card in a working 6500 and verify the IOS image (MD5) and verify via
'show disk0 all' that the monlib stuff is right? Chuck
-----Original Message-----
From: Gregoire Huet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 12:40 PM
To: Church, Charles
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Moving Sup720 from cat6k to 7600


Church, Charles wrote :
Is it possible you're trying to boot an IOS version that doesn't
support
that chassis?  I'm sure there is a minimum version for a 7604, and I'm
sure it's more recent than the minimum for the 6500 it came out of.

I'm trying to boot c7600s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRC1.bin

By the way, i have the trace of the booting process :

rommon 7 > reset

System Bootstrap, Version 8.5(2)
Copyright (c) 1994-2007 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Cat6k-Sup720/SP processor with 1048576 Kbytes of main memory

rommon 1 > boot disk0:

Initializing ATA monitor library...
string is disk0:c7600s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRC1.bin
Loading image, please wait ...


Initializing ATA monitor library...

*** Illegal Opcode Exception ***
PC = 0x80102ae4, Cause = 0x28, Status Reg = 0x30409003

monitor: command "boot" aborted due to exception
rommon 2 >


Thank you

Greg



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to