-----Peter Rathlev wrote: -----
>On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 11:30 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Especially considering his example was a Catalyst 6500 chassis. He'd
have
>> to distinguish switched/routed ports present or not...
>>
>> I'm not a work, so I can't check, but the RFC1213 sysServices might show
if
>> the routing and/or bridging functionality is enabled:
><cut>
>
>I was thinking the same, but it doesn't seem very useful when trying
>it out. All the units I looked at was either
>
>"INTEGER: 6" (bridge and IP gateway) or
>"INTEGER: 78" (bridge, IP gateway, IP host and application host).
<.. snip ..>
Too bad Cisco says what the box *can* do instead of what it's actually
doing.
Maybe RFC1213 ipForwarding would work
ipForwarding OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX INTEGER {
forwarding(1), -- acting as a gateway
not-forwarding(2) -- NOT acting as a gateway
}
but I kind of doubt it. We just got some SUP32s in to replace CatOS SUP2s
(pure L2 switches) & I haven't been able to figure out yet how to tell them
_not_ to play router. Only the directly connected router can talk to the
sup32 if it's configured with a default gateway but no default route.
Seems to me that you should only need a default route on something that's
acting as a router. (If it makes any difference, "no ip proxy-arp" is the
standard here :) So my guess is that they're going to say they're acting
as a gateway even tho I don't want them to play router nor is there
anything L3 configured on them beyond the management vlan IP address and
syslog, tacacs, etc. server addresses.
Lee
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/