Hello,
...
Maybe RFC1213 ipForwarding would work
ipForwarding OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX INTEGER {
forwarding(1), -- acting as a gateway
not-forwarding(2) -- NOT acting as a gateway
}
but I kind of doubt it. We just got some SUP32s in to replace CatOS SUP2s
(pure L2 switches) & I haven't been able to figure out yet how to tell them
...
then you need a workaround.
I agree, it's a real hassle with Cisco not supporting the most
needed standard MIBs like IP-FORWARD-MIB, Q-BRIDGE-MIB, LLDP-MIB, ...
Shame on your head, Cisco!
Try the following OIDs with your boxes running different IOS versions
to determine the number of routing entries:
- ipForwardNumber: .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.24.1 (obsolete)
or
- ipCidrRouteNumber: .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.24.3 (deprecated)
or
- inetCidrRouteNumber: .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.24.6 (current)
and if your Cisco boxes don't support any of these OIDs you have
to look for the routing protocol and the corresponding
MIBs. If all your routers speak for example OSPF, then you can
determine your bridges and switches with some OIDs in the OSPF-MIB.
Regards
Charly
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/