On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 09:01:11AM -0400, Ryan West wrote:
> 
> I'm curious to see what others are using for a frontend to RANCID.  Besides 
> the emailing of the diff's that take place, what are others using to browse 
> the repository?
> 
> -ryan
> 

I set my latest RANCID installation up with SVN instead of a CVS backend.
I needed to apply a patch to correct an issue where RANCID doesn't
gracefully handle SVN telling it to do an update prior to a commit, but
other than that, it's a drop-in replacement.

Hooking WebSVN into the repository RANCID maintains places a nice web
interface on it, allowing one to see when/how/why changes were made to the
configurations.

Maintaining a working directory locally on the server where you can check
out revisions and perform "svn diff" on is also useful.

-- 
Brandon Ewing                                        ([email protected])

Attachment: pgpK1ObcOWWOC.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to