We use subversion, and giving web access to the repository through the normal subversion frontend, no special additions, works for us, but our needs have been basically just to get a last known good configuration to blow onto a customer's replacement unit prior to dispatching a technician. Works pretty well, as you can just download the file from the repository, put it on the unit with xmodem over the serial port as the startup-config, reboot, and you've got an identical copy of what was there.
We do this with Adtran Total Access 900 and Netvanta gear and our Cisco CPE using the same config in Rancid (using "cisco" as the type works just fine for Adtran AOS based gear) and it's a lifesaver. -Paul > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto:cisco-nsp- > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Justin Shore > Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 10:25 AM > To: Ryan West > Cc: Cisco-nsp; [email protected] > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] PIX/ASA Change Control > > Ryan West wrote: > > I'm curious to see what others are using for a frontend to RANCID. > Besides the emailing of the diff's that take place, what are others > using to browse the repository? > > I'm not a CVS buff so I'm sure someone that falls into that category > would have a better solution. I currently just use the standard cvsweb > CGI. It works well enough. I keep it in a password protected > directory > on my servers. Not overly elegant but it works well enough. > > Does anyone else have any other suggestions for a web GUI front-end to > CVS for RANCID use? > > Justin > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
