Definitely avoid aggressive mode with converters, unless you've got errdisable 
recovery timers enabled.  Otherwise if you reload one side, the other side will 
stop receiving UDLD but it's link is still up (from the converter), so it'll 
errdisable the port.

Chuck 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jeff Fitzwater
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 11:42 AM
To: Jeff Fitzwater
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Will UDLD work with converters ?


According to the doc if I am using a TX port the DEFAULT is UDLD  
DISABLED, so I have to enable it and also it states that I need to run  
in AGGRESSIVE MODE when using TX.


I think I read that correct!




Jeff
On Oct 2, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Jeff Fitzwater wrote:

> Why do you say "TX does not support UDLD"?   The doc and port  
> configs support it.   Am I missing something?
>
>
> Jeff
> On Oct 2, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
>
>> [100% agreed on rant.  ghods, it is so depressing to fork out for  
>> cisco optics and find that they don't work on other cisco gear].
>>
>> On 02/10/2009 15:27, Justin Shore wrote:
>>> Back to your question though, yes UDLD should work fine over MCs.
>>
>> as someone else noted, only for optical transceivers.  TX does not  
>> support UDLD (which was what the original poster was wondering  
>> about).
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to