On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 01:49:17 -0500, Chris Cook <[email protected]> wrote: > On Mar 8, 2011, at 1:33 AM, Sascha Pollok wrote: >> I can't remember the exact limit for VRRP or HSRP (keep in mind >> you can only use one of those on a 6500 at a time - no mixing). >> However, just use the same group number on all of the SVIs >> and you'll be fine. You can also mix group numbers of course. >> Most important information is that you can reuse them across SVIs >> without any hassle (that I know of). > > This isn't true; I have production devices that have VRRP and HSRP running > at the same time (different interfaces of course). Reusing VRRP/HSRP group > numbers has not been a problem for us; HSRPv2 of course allows you to have > a group number per SVI if you wish.
Thanks guys, that's really helpful. Do you have any information on how many subinterfaces the 6500/SUP2 will support? I found another thread on this mailing list where someone was saying that you can't re-use VLAN IDs, even when using subints. Eg. If I have Gi2/1.300 with encapsulation dot1Q 300, I can't have Gi2/2 with encapsulation dot1Q 300. Is that right? Thanks, Andrew _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
