On Mar 8, 2011, at 2:00 AM, Sascha Pollok wrote:

>>> I can't remember the exact limit for VRRP or HSRP (keep in mind
>>> you can only use one of those on a 6500 at a time - no mixing).
>>> However, just use the same group number on all of the SVIs
>>> and you'll be fine. You can also mix group numbers of course.
>>> Most important information is that you can reuse them across SVIs
>>> without any hassle (that I know of).
>> 
>> This isn't true; I have production devices that have VRRP and HSRP running 
>> at the same time (different interfaces of course).  Reusing VRRP/HSRP group 
>> numbers has not been a problem for us; HSRPv2 of course allows you to have a 
>> group number per SVI if you wish.
> 
> On a Sup2? I dont think so. Which IOS?

It wasn't quite clear if it was referring to just a sup2 or also a sup720.  I 
err'd on the side of the Sup720. :-)
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to