On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 06:19, James Bensley <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All, > > I'm now lab'ing up a 7609-R for deployment in the near future. It has > a single RSP720-3CXL-GE in it. What I want to know is, all of you that > have or do run 7600's, what are your real world failure rates of the > RSP modules? > > I can have dual RSPs but how likely are they too fail? I want to know > from 7600's owners/managers out there, how many SUPs or RSPs have you > had fail on you (or not if non have failed on you), and how long were > they in service before they failed (or how long were they in service > without failing, if that is the case for you)? > > Are they more likely to fail the other line cards? It doesn't seem > very common practice to have to of every card in the chassis and > provide customers with a port on two switching modules for example, so > why dual RSPs? Are they *that* much more likely to fail? > > You had me until this line. Discrete dual ports is *very* common when people desire HA and it isn't a multihoming situation. > Thanks for your time, > -- > James. <http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/> -Blake _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
